At the current time, ACARET is not accepting applications. Please check back and thank you.
Guidelines for Educator Accreditation
WHO CAN APPLY FOR ACCREDITATION?
ACARET accredits individual educators who meet or exceed the following FIVE requirements:
(NOTE: For AARC Curriculum Accreditation, click here).
1. High School Education/GED or an equivalency.
2. Certification through the American Reflexology Certification Board (ARCB) or
The International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC). Applicants must have an ARCB number assigned at the time of application for accreditation.
3. Three years professional experience practicing in the field of reflexology, averaging a minimum of 365 client contact hours per year.
4. A minimum of 150 hours of adult teaching experience within the past two years that can include a combination of the following breakdown:
- A minimum of 120 hours of the 150 hours required MUST BE from teaching of reflexology specific courses. Reflexology teaching experience can include any combination of reflexology classes taught from introductory to advanced level, certification course or continuing education courses in reflexology.
Documentation of 120 hours or more of teaching MUST include: a reflexology curriculum outline for each class taught; three class rosters from the previous year. Each roster should list all participants with a minimum of 3 names per roster.
- A maximum of 30 hours of the required 150 hours of adult teaching experience MAY BE accepted from supervised student teaching in the reflexology field or non-reflexology adult teaching (i.e, teaching other modalities, first aid, nursing, etc.) Documentation (in part or totaling 30 hours) is required for each of the above teaching experiences in written form of a letter of verification from the school, college or institution where classes were taught.
5. A minimum of 150 hours of Anatomy and Physiology Education (A&P).
Documentation of A&P can include but is not limited to a combination of the following: proof of separate A&P hours in a reflexology course, massage therapy course, college course, vocational school, online or distance learning courses. Internet courses must be documented with a transcript of course content, school website address, name of the course instructor if applicable and a certificate or document of completion.
Before beginning the application process, please read the guidelines:
Download the Guidelines for Educator Accreditation